Test PostNovember 1, 2017
Travel WorkoutNovember 5, 2017
2 lb Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
3 – 4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large onion, chopped
2lb lean beef chuck
32oz Beef Stock (gluten free)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
sprig fresh thyme, or dried
sprig of rosemary, or dried
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Prepare the squash by peeling it, removing the seeds and cutting it into cubes.
- If your beef is not already cut into pieces then cut it up into cubes, and the same for the onion.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large pot with a solid bottom, then add the onion and sauté for a couple minutes, now add the beef and brown it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the beef stock, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cook it on the stove top on a low simmer for about an hour with a lid on the pot, do not boil.
- Finally add the butternut squash and cook for a further 30 minutes or until beef is tender.