– 8 oz. can tomato paste, no sugar added
– 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 1 tablespoon dried mustard powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground, black pepper
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1/2 cup water
– salt to taste
– 2 1/2 lbs. baby back ribs
– In a small to medium mixing bowl, combine the tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, dried mustard powder, pepper, honey, cider vinegar water and salt. Mix well to combine.
– You can adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding a bit more water. But keep in mind it will become more fluid in the slow cooker. So err on the side of caution and keep the sauce on the thicker side. This will help it adhere to the ribs better too.
– Place the ribs in your slow cooker with the fleshy side towards the wall of the crock.
– Spoon the sauce over the ribs, being sure to smear a little on the underside as well.
– Cook on low for 4-6 hours. When finished the meat will easily slide off the bone, leaving it almost completely clean.
– Transfer to a plate and ladle some of the sauce from the bottom of the crock over the ribs.
– Salt to taste.
(You will need a good quality slow cooker, a mixing bowl, tongs or a spatula, and a basting brush.) [Credit: The GraciousPantry.com]