– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt (I like Real Salt)
– 4 ripe bananas
– 4 eggs
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup maple syrup (grade B has more minerals)
– 2 tablespoons applesauce (here is a recipe for homemade)
– 2 teaspoons vanilla
– 2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin hydrolysate (don’t use regular gelatin)
– 1/2 to 1 cup soy-free chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– Line a loaf pan (bottom and sides) with parchment paper.
– In a large bowl crack eggs and add coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
– Mix gelatin and maple syrup together in a small bowl and add to mixture.
– Melt coconut oil if solid and add to bowl along with remaining ingredients.
– Mix well and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
– Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour. It takes mine about 1 hour 10 minutes for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
– Remove from oven and allow to cool on a baking rack.
– Can be eaten warm or cold.
– Store in the refrigerator. [Credit: RealFoodOutlaws.com]