– 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 3 tablespoon whole grain mustard
– 3 tablespoons honey, or more, to taste
– 2 tablespoons chicken stock, or more, to taste
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 3 sprigs rosemary
For the mustard rub:
– 1 tablespoon olive
– 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
– To make the mustard rub, combine olive oil and whole grain mustard in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using your fingers or a brush, work the mustard rub onto both sides of the chicken.
– In a large bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey and chicken stock. Add more chicken stock as needed until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
– Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. – Add mustard mixture and sprinkle with rosemary.
– Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
– Serve immediately. [Credit: DamnDelicious.com]