– 1.5 lbs or 3 very large chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
– 1 1/4 cup almonds, ground (almond meal works too)
– 1 tablespoon of garlic or onion powder
– 1 teaspoon oregano or basil, dried
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 2 eggs, large
– cooking spray
– organic ketchup or honey mustard for dipping
– Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Line large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, spray well with cooking spray and set aside.
– In one small bowl, mix ground almonds (almond meal), garlic (onion) powder, oregano (basil), salt and pepper. In another small bowl, whisk the eggs.
– Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into 1/2 inch thick strips lengthwise. Place a few on a cutting board, cover with a piece of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer a few times. Repeat with remaining pieces.
– Dip each strip into an egg mixture, coat completely in almond mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on one side, flip and bake for another 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Please note, when flipping the bottom might look under baked and soggy but it will get browned and crispy, trust me. Serve hot with organic ketchup or Honey Mustard Sauce, or Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes” for a complete meal.
(Storage Instructions: Refrigerate for a few days or freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, bake from frozen for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F.) [Credit: iFOODreel.com]